The program of postgraduate studies in Electronic Business and Java Technology is in the process of accreditation.
Postgraduate studies Electronic business and Java technologies are part of the new postgraduate studies at FON, University of Belgrade.
The study program Electronic Business and Java Technologies is a continuation of the master’s and basic academic studies program at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences, University of Belgrade.
The study program includes two study areas, Electronic Business, and Java Technology.
Subjects of the study area Electronic business:
|Name of the subject||Semester||ETCS||Status|
|E-business application development||1||8||Elective|
|Mobile application development||1||8||Elective|
|Ubiquitous computing and the internet of intelligent devices||1||8||Elective|
|Risk management in software development||1||8||Elective|
|Cloud computing and big data||1||8||Elective|
|Blockchain technologies in e-business||1||8||Elective|
Within the study program of Postgraduate Academic Studies Electronic Business and Java Technologies, advanced infrastructures, technologies, services, and models of electronic business are studied, as well as Java technologies for the implementation of modern software systems. The structure of the program is designed to educate postgraduate engineers who will gain a high level of narrowly specialized academic knowledge and skills related to theories, principles, processes, and technologies of e-business and software development using Java technologies. The professional, highly specialized competencies of students that are acquired during these studies will contribute to raising the level of competitiveness of students in the local and world labor market, as well as the development of the information society as a whole.
The program is a continuation of the graduate academic study program of the Faculty of Organizational Sciences in the fields of electronic business and software engineering, but it can also be attended by students who have previously graduated from other faculties. The condition for enrollment in the study program is previously won 300 ECTS credits. The study program lasts 1 year, ie 2 semesters, and includes 4 exams, professional practice, subject "Final thesis" and final thesis. The study program carries a total of 60 ECTS credits.
The program has the following structure and distribution of points for each module:
- An Elective course of the module (8 ECTS)
- An Elective course of the module (8 ECTS)
- An Elective course of the module (8 ECTS)
- An Elective course of the module (8 ECTS)
- Professional practice (3 ECTS)
- Subject “Final thesis” (15 ECTS)
- Final thesis (10 ECTS)
The study program Electronic Business and Java Technologies includes two study modules:
- E-business. The goal of the educational process within this module is for students to improve their knowledge in the field of design and development of advanced e-business services and applications based on current information technologies, as well as to be able to apply these technologies and manage digital transformation. The special goal of the module is the acquisition of advanced knowledge, training for applied research, as well as the preparation of students for the continuation of scientific research work in doctoral studies in the field of electronic business. Students choose four subjects from the list: E-business, Internet marketing, E-business application development, Mobile application development, Ubiquitous computing, and Internet intelligent devices, Risk management in software development, Cloud computing and big data, and Blockchain technologies in e-business.
- Java technologies. The purpose of this study module is the education, training, and specialization of students for the profession of Java programmers, who will be able to apply knowledge of basic and advanced Java technologies to develop and implement Java applications. Students will learn to apply Java technology in the development of web, desktop, and Android client-server Java applications. Special attention will be paid to modern Java frameworks (Spring, Spring Boot, ...), and software patterns (MVC, Design patterns, ...) that facilitate the development and maintenance of Java applications. In addition, students will learn how to use Java technologies in accessing various data sources and programming databases. In this module, four subjects will be selected from the list: Basics of Java programming, Object-oriented Java programming, Advanced Java technologies, Java technologies for data access, Web Java technologies, Android programming in Java, Software patterns in Java, and Java frameworks.
The subject Final paper is obligatory and includes application, the final title of the topic of the paper, research part.
Teaching methods are in the form of lectures, exercises, e-education, etc. Teaching is performed using the concept of blended learning (eng. Blended learning), based on the Moodle platform.
After completing the studies, the student acquires the title of Information Systems Engineer, in the field of Organizational Science.
Within this study program, there is no choice of subjects from other study programs. Transfer of ECTS points acquired at another higher education institution and student mobility is possible, following the Statute and the Rulebook on student mobility and transfer of ECTS points of the University of Belgrade. Transfer from other study programs within the same or related fields is not possible, according to the Statute of the University of Belgrade.
The purpose of this study program is to train students for independent highly specialized work in the field of electronic business and to solve current problems in software engineering using Java technologies. The purpose of the study program includes the development of business strategies and innovative software services in complex digital ecosystems. The acquired knowledge and skills will enable students to successfully plan and manage commercial and innovation projects in the field of electronic business and software development, as well as to apply the results of current research in practice. The special purpose of the program is to enable students to develop modern and creative software solutions in various fields through critical thinking and the use of acquired knowledge.
The Faculty of Organizational Sciences is home to the areas covered by this study program at the University of Belgrade and has been educating students for several decades for recognizable and clearly defined professions and occupations in the fields of e-business, software development, and programming. The demand for highly specialized engineers in these areas is constantly growing, both nationally and in the environment, as well as worldwide. Job offers, market trends, as well as trends in the economy, society, state administration bodies, and other public institutions, unequivocally indicate this fact and it is the best confirmation of the need for study modules of this study program. With this study program, the Faculty of Organizational Sciences wants to offer students knowledge and competencies following the needs of jobs in the labor market in the areas of e-business system design, software design, and Java programming. Given the growing importance of these areas and the demand for professional staff, this study program is important for the development of the economy and the improvement of information resources of society as a whole.
The program will contribute to the acquisition of knowledge and skills for new attractive occupations in the IT market for senior and managerial positions: manager for digital transformation management, architect of IT solutions and ecosystems (software architect, system architect…), back-end developer, front-end developer, mobile developer, full-stack developer, IT project manager, DevOps manager, blockchain programmer, and analyst, Java programmer, as well as positions in the top management of IT companies. Given the set of knowledge and skills, it is expected that this program will encourage students to design and start independent IT entrepreneurial ventures (startups).
The study program is in line with the principles of the Strategy for the Development of the Information Society in the Republic of Serbia until 2020, the Digicomp 2.0 framework, recommendations of the most important engineering societies at the world level (IEEE, ACM), EU strategies and postgraduate programs at the world's most important universities in software engineering. electronic business.
The primary goal of the study program Electronic Business and Java Technologies is to provide students with quality, relevant and specialized knowledge and content in the field of electronic business and software development using Java technologies.
The main goals of the study program are:
- developing specialized academic and professional knowledge in the field of electronic business and Java technologies and training students for their application in practice;
- enabling students to solve complex problems in the field of electronic business and software development in an innovative way by applying modern information technologies;
- training students to analyze and understand standards, recommendations, and best practices in e-business and software development using Java technologies;
- training students to manage complex e-business and software development projects using Java technologies;
- encouraging students to think analytically, be creative and innovative;
- easy employment and greater competitiveness of personnel in the field of electronic business and Java technologies.
Unique subject-specific objectives of the study program include mastering theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of modules.
Objectives of the Java technology module:
- training students for independence and teamwork on the development, administration, and maintenance of software based on Java technologies;
- training students to analyze user requirements in different application domains and modeling software that should support those requirements;
- use of modern software environments and tools for design, implementation, and testing, web, desktop, and Android Java applications;
- determining and ensuring the quality of software using current frameworks for that purpose.
Objectives of the module Electronic business:
- training students for critical analysis, thorough knowledge, design, and development of e-business solutions based on modern information technologies, such as cloud, internet of things, blockchain, big data;
- training students for the analysis of commercial and open source solutions in the field of electronic business, selection, and introduction of appropriate solutions, as well as the development of their solutions;
- developing the ability to follow new directions of development in the field of electronic business;
- acquiring skills for management and implementation of e-business ecosystems and project management of digital business systems transformation;
- developing the ability to design, develop and implement applications in smart environments.
A special goal of the study program is to train students for higher levels of study, as well as lifelong education in the fields of e-business and software development.
Within the study program Electronic Business and Java Technologies, students acquire a wide range of competencies, ie theoretical and practical knowledge that allows them to develop a professional career and continue research and education in the field of electronic business systems and advanced Java technologies. Competences, knowledge, and skills correspond to level 7.2 of the National Qualifications Framework in Serbia (NOKS), and according to the classification they belong to the narrower area 061 - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
By mastering the study program Electronic Business and Java Technologies, students acquire the following general abilities:
- ability to independently and with full responsibility implement projects, analyze, structure, and solve problems in the field of e-business and software development using Java technologies;
- development of critical and self-critical thinking, analysis, and approaches related to projects, technologies, models, systems, services, and applications;
- ability to engage in scientific research and publish the results of scientific work and continue studying at higher levels of study;
- ability to combine knowledge from several areas, multidisciplinarity.
Also, students acquire the following subject-specific abilities:
- management of complex electronic business systems;
- application of practical skills in the field of digital marketing, mobile business, ubiquitous computing, IT risk management, and blockchain applications;
- development and implementation of e-business business models in different contexts;
- designing own projects, IT entrepreneurship;
- managing the development of applications based on advanced mobile, IoT, and blockchain technologies;
- design of scalable and reliable cloud and big data services for e-business;
- risk management in software development;
- independent and teamwork on the development, administration, and maintenance of software based on Java technologies;
- analysis of user requirements in different application domains and modeling of software that should support those requirements;
- use of modern software environments and tools for design, implementation, and testing, web, desktop, and Android software systems implemented in Java technologies;
- determining and ensuring the quality of software using current frameworks.
The key learning outcomes according to the descriptors of the learning outcomes of the national qualifications framework are:
- Students can solve complex problems in the field of e-business and software development innovatively using Java technologies;
- Students are trained in analysis, design, implementation management, and strategic management of e-business systems;
- Students have the skills to independently manage complex commercial and research projects of e-business and software development using Java technologies;
- Students are trained to explore new approaches, manage, design, and apply practical, specialized knowledge in the field of e-business and Java technologies;
- Students are trained in risk management in software development;
- Students can analyze and evaluate various models, concepts, and principles from the theory and practice of e-business and software development;
- Students can manage and lead complex communication, interaction, and collaboration with others in e-business systems and software development projects;
- Students have the skills to realize entrepreneurial endeavors and take on leadership positions.
The study program Electronic Business and Java Technologies consists of two study modules: Electronic Business and Java Technologies. Within each study module, there are four elective courses, which can be chosen from a group of elective courses of the selected study module.
Within the study module Electronic Business, elective courses are E-business, Internet marketing,
E-business application development, Mobile application development, Ubiquitous computing, and internet intelligent devices, Cloud computing and big data, Blockchain technologies in e-business, and Risk management in software development.
Within the study module of Java technology, elective courses are Basics of Java programming, Object-oriented Java programming, Advanced Java technologies, Java technologies for data access, Web Java technologies, Android programming in Java, Software patterns in Java, and Java frames.
Professional practice is mandatory and aims to train students for independent research and professional work in recognizing and solving specific tasks in the field of e-business and software development using Java technologies, in real conditions of practice and/or in research laboratories and centers.
The subject Final paper is obligatory and includes application, the final title of the topic of the paper, research part. The final postgraduate work includes the following elements: introduction, theoretical part, practical/experimental part, results and discussion, conclusion, literature review.
The study program Electronic Business and Java Technologies is harmonized with modern world trends and the state of the art in the fields of electronic business and Java technologies, as well as with accredited programs of foreign higher education institutions of European and world educational space. The study program is complete and comprehensive and is harmonized with other study programs of the Faculty of Organizational Sciences.
The study program Electronic Business and Java Technologies is harmonized with:
- The Strategy for the Development of the Information Society in the Republic of Serbia until 2020.
- Digicomp 2.0 - a framework of digital competencies of citizens
- IEEE and ACM recommendations
- Recommendations from Gartner and other important IT consulting companies
- European Union strategies, such as the Digital Single Market strategy, aims to strengthen Europe's position as a leader in the digital economy. On that occasion, policies were created for: Big Data, Cloud Computing, E-education, Internet of Intelligent Devices, Smart Cities.
- Programs and trends at the world's most important universities (for example: MIT, Stanford, Copenhagen Business school)
Similarity with other study programs (study module Electronic Business):
- University: Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Program Name: Fifth Year Master's Program in Computer Science
- University: International Telematic University UNINETTUNO, Italy
Program name: Computer Engineering - Study path: Big Data
- University: University of Vaasa, Finland
Program Name: Technical Sciences - Licentiate Degree
Similarity with other study programs (study module of Java technology):
- University: John Hopkins, USA
Program name: Computer science - Study path: Enterprise and Web computing
- University: The University of Chicago, USA
Program name: MS in Computer Science (MS Specialization Program - Software Engineering)
- University: University of Wales, Wales, UK
Program Name: Software Engineering
Web address: https://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/msc-software-engineering/
The study program is formally and structurally harmonized with the established subject-specific standards for accreditation. The study program is harmonized with European standards in terms of enrollment requirements, duration of studies, obtaining a diploma, and the way of studying.